About the Programme
Academic Partnership provides an opportunity for the IISP and academic institutions to collaborate and ensure the effective promotion of information security professionalism to staff and students. The award of Academic Partner status aims to recognise the significant base of security-related expertise and activity that exists within academic institutions, and to encourage and enable a dialogue between academia and the wider community of security practitioners.
Benefits of Academic Partnership
- access to IISP speakers, with a guarantee of at least one speaker per annum
- listing of partner details on the IISP website
- the opportunity to use the Partner status (including the IISP name and logo) when promoting the Partner's security activity
- the opportunity to contribute to the 'academic voice' within the IISP (e.g. articles for IISP member publications)
As part of our Academic Partner Programme, we run specific events aimed at students participating in Cyber-related courses. We recently ran an event at Edinburgh Napier University and have a further two scheduled for 2018.
Academic Partners would be expected to:
- promote the need for professionalism in the security industry
- promote their Academic Partner status as part of related marketing activities
- encourage IISP membership amongst staff and students
- provide appropriate support of any regional IISP activities (e.g. publicising to staff and students, or hosting local events)
- host annual regional seminars
Become an Academic Partner:
The scheme welcomes applications from other universities and educational institutes that wish to join. If you would like further information regarding this programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org